Development of a national strategy against flooding (Algeria)
Ministry of Water Resources (Algeria)
Development of a study that defines the strategy to be followed in order to fight against flooding, specially: flooding risks management and prevention.
The objectives are divided into three blocks:
Identification, classification and presentation of areas with significant flooding risk
- Data and background collection, inventory and classification.
- Analysis and validation of the available information
- Diagnosis of the current situation and the circumstances exposed to flooding. The following works were accomplished, between others:
- Field visits to heightened exposure areas.
- Definition of the flooding typology according to its source.
- Determination of priority action areas.
Proposal of an action plan with structural and non-structural measures in order to prevent flooding and mitigation of flooding risk
- Preventive and protection actions facing events which cause flooding.
- Evaluation, summary and comparison of the defined alternatives.
- Timetable of actions setting.
Action protocol training facing events which cause flooding.